Monday, April 1, 2013

http://gbernardray.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/123/


SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA
I am currently looking for a literary agent.The normal process is very trying and it is the bane of my existence. The query letter is an oppressive thing for me. After all I am a novelist, it took me 318 pages to tell the story in "The Final Shortcut"
For a winning query I have to compress that into a paragraph. I really think the query process is prohibitive, and a very small number of those are actually reviewed.
It is no wonder that so many authors are rejected. In fact a lot of now famous authors were rejected over and over. If you can write a fantastic paragraph, then become a newspaper journalist.
I would love a chance to have someone in the business actually review a book and not a letter. But they simply do not have the time to read every book, which brings us back to the short, intense paragraph that is intended to grab their attention and make them say WOW!
My next novel is a vampire tale and it came in at nearly 400 pages. The vampires are not teenage lovesick vampires either. In fact there is only one at first. The alpha vampire and he is someone that you definitely do not want to kiss and make puppy faces with. A query for this is not going to be easy. It takes me three pages just to give the scenario.
Oh well...tis my plight and it shall be my undoing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in. I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment and let us get acquainted. This blog has gotten views from over a dozen different countries. This is a great opportunity to share our interests.